More than 30,000 runners are expected to take part in events surrounding the St. Jude Rock N’ Roll Marathon this weekend.
Start times for the marathon have been moved up 30 minutes due to expected heat in the high 80s with high humidity.
The complete 26.2-mile marathon route will close to drivers by 5:45 a.m. Saturday, although the start area along lower Broadway will close to traffic at 3 a.m.
-Be mindful of the bagged meters and “No Parking” signs
-Illegally parked vehicles will be towed beginning at 12 a.m. Saturday
- Parking at the Pinnacle Bank garage, be there by 5:30 a.m.
- Traffic access will be blocked at 5:45 a.m.
-Parking at Music City Center Garage: Traffic must access through Korean Vets Blvd. at 6th Ave. S.
- James Robertson Parkway and Woodland Street Brides will be closed
Making Your Way Downtown:
First Ave. at Gay Street connector is OPEN this year.
First Ave. will be the best way to move north to south in downtown. Organizers suggest you arrive early!
Police Presence on Hand:
- Several hundred MNPD officers
- Tennessee Highway Patrol
- Nashville International Airport Police
- Vanderbilt University Police
- Hendersonville Police
Tips for Runners:
- Be mindful of course time limits
- slow your pace or walk/rest when needed
- plan your clothing- sweat-wicking clothes in cool colors. Don't forget a light hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Add a salt packet to a cup of liquid and drink it. Race officials will have salt packets at the starting line refreshment stand.
- Don't over-drink, favor electrolyte drinks over water
- don't over-exert yourself. Stop at a medical station if something doesn't seem right.
Here’s a list of road closures or click here to view on mobile:
Music City Star Train Schedule:
- Lebanon Station – 4:30 a.m.
- Martha Station – 4:45 a.m.
- Mt. Juliet Station – 4:55 a.m.
- Hermitage Station – 5:05 a.m.
- Donelson Station – 5:16 a.m.
- Arriving at Riverfront Station – 5:30 a.m
- Buy tickets here.
* Emergency vehicles will be given priority to cross the route. Priority will also be given to emergency hospital access*